Sorry blog world, I have really been neglecting you. Since we last saw each other, we have been even busier with family things. An update on Daniel's dad... he actually doesn't have a pinched nerve. He had some tests run and found he had very little circulation to his left leg, and only slightly more in his right. We waited around all day waiting on news for when surgery would be scheduled. The first plan was to have bypass surgery... yep, just like heart bypass, but in his leg. The good news is, they didn't have to do bypass and just did some cleaning out and added some stints. The even better news: his hospital stay and recovery is much shorter and easier. We haven't been able to visit him as much as we'd like because he is in the Surgical ICU, and they have limited visiting hours. He may come home tomorrow (yay!).. if not, then on Monday. Now we are focusing our efforts on getting him better :o)
So, no matter what type of day you are having.. make sure you are nice to everyone and tell your family how much they mean to you. I know that is so cliche', but tomorrow isn't certain. As much as you might think it, other people might not know how you feel just because you think so. Tell someone how you feel too much.
Also, thank you to all of our supporters who have been thinking about and praying for Daniel's family. You have all been so good to us and keep us plugging along! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We love you very much - don't ever forget that!
In addition to the happenings with Daniel's dad, my exhaustion has led way to a cold. They are so annoying. My cold is now a stuffed up nose and a yucky cough. I've been overdosing on cough medicine. It is kind of fun.. feeling drunk and no hangover. My nose is one big piece of sandpaper. I have been slathering it up with lotion. I'm going to wake up tomorrow to soft skin and feeling 100%.. I hope.
In other updates- we have replaced Jafar with a new one... her name is Agnes. We named her after Mr. Sink's nurse. She was the bomb.com. My family came over for a pre-valentine's day dinner tonight. We did spaghetti with meatballs. All six of us haven't really been together since Christmas, and I needed to change that. My bestest Robin has the SWINE FLU (I mean, really!?). So little bird, I hope you are feeling better soon. My other friend Julie has been in a similar situation as me, as her dad had bypass surgery this week. I still love my new branch.. at least the location. Our refrigerator is bare, so we desperately need to get groceries, but the time seems to run out.
Alright, sorry about the rambling happenings of our life. I am all set up in the bed watching Dateline and ready to go to bed soon. Daniel is out with some friends playing pool and consuming too much alcohol. For now, I hope you are all doing well and are having a spectacular weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment