Thursday, July 12, 2012

Not-so M.S. - Invitation Ornaments

With money being extremely tight, I'm always searching for easy, fun, and cheap ideas - thank goodness for Pinterest!  Since we have so many weddings this summer, I thought I would find a good "filler" present - to give in addition to something so we don't seem so cheap.  I saw the idea of taking an invitation (wedding, baby shower, etc) and giving as a gift.  I purchased a box of 4 glass ornaments at Christmas for like $4-$6 per box.  The invitation is provided, and some ribbon make this beyond cheap, but still classy!

The invitation

Cut into 1/4" strips


Wrap around a dowel rod and secure with clothespins.  It doesn't need to stay like this long... maybe 5 minutes?

Add curled invitation into a  glass ornament
Add pretty ribbon to match the theme

And wrap it up nice... and voila!  A classy gift the couple can enjoy year after year

No comments:

Post a Comment